Monday, February 1, 2010

more of Massey's mischievous acts

Ever since I had Massey, Jordan and I have known that he's a very spirited little boy. He makes us so happy and even though sometimes we feel like sending him to his grandparents, we love him a lot. The other day I left him and Rebeca a couple minutes alone and this is what I found. Rebeca had sticky arrow notes on her head and didn't even cry. I had to take a picture, especially since Massey kept sticking his tongue out while he jumped around his little sister. Everyone that has met our son Massey, knows he's quite a character. I love the face that he makes when he knows he's in trouble. When he was smaller, it used to be hard to be mad at the things he used to do, since most of them were funny. However, now with two kids, I've gotten a lot better at showing disapproval and teaching him when he's done something wrong. The other day, I made him cry when I said "Massey look at me". Can you believe that?? Ever since I started working in nursery, I became convinced that all kids are good, and they all want to be good. The problem is that some kids have a different definition of what it means to be good and have fun. So it is our job as parents to figure out different ways and techniques to teach them the things which we want them to know and learn.
And I have a feeling it's going to take a long time before we get this whole parenting thing down, especially since there are like a million other things we need to learn during this life.

2 comments:

Jason and Brianne Kjar said...

I have a four year old and four year olds should be able to be left with their baby brothers but even I worry about what will Josh do next to his brother. last night it was the stamps but I learned that its all out of love and to just go with the flow.

Clint n Britta's tribe said...

This whole parenting thing is funny. I've been doing it for almost 11 years and I still am not sure how to do it sometimes. Some days I feel pretty good about my parenting skills and then there's those days that I wonder:)
Massey is so cute and I think you're doing great with him.