Friday, October 10, 2008

quick update

Well, it's been just over a week since the accident happened. My dad is still stable, he is truly the strongest man I have ever known, and my mom's faith is truly great. This last week has been the most stressful week in years. My dad isn't communicating with us through writing anymore, he is too tired and very sedated, he has had 3 surgeries in 1 week. We were told he should have one more next week. He had 2 surgeries on his left leg and it's completely fixed, his knee now has two metal plates and screws. He had surgery on his eye and his right femur, but still has an external fixator on the lower part of his right leg. Yesterday morning they took x-rays of his chest and there appeared a black area on his right lung and a CT scan was immediately done. The doctors were still unsure what it was, but there was a big chance of being liquid so they put a chest tube where they introduced a needle in his lung to remove that unexplained liquid. He is doing good so far, they have his oxygen level down to a 30% which is very good, his lungs seem to be working good. The staples on his head are supposed to be removed pretty soon, he has over 100. I met with brother Carter yesterday at the impound car lot to see the car and to talk to the trooper who's doing all the investigation. I cried when I saw the car, it definitely is a miracle that my dad is alive. My mom still spends most of her time at the hospital so it's been amazing having so many people help my family in so many different ways.

No comments: