Monday, October 20, 2008

Quick update on these last 3 weeks

Well, on Wednesday it'll be 3 weeks since my dad's accident. He's finally out of ICU and he's now in the orthopedic center at Renown Hospital. He had 5 surgeries in two weeks, 4 on his legs and 1 on his eye. He's a very strong man.Today he had all of his leg staples out, and on Saturday he had his chest tube taken out. Our 2 cousins from L.A came to stay and help my mom for 1 week. My dad has a good attitude and is willing to cooperate with the nurses; however, orthopedics is not ICU and the care he receives is extremely different. He wants someone to be with him most of the day, since sometimes he won't see a single nurse for hours. My two missionary brothers have been very worried and we know via e-mail that they've been fasting and going to the temple, just like many, many of our friends and family from all over. Jordan has let my dad borrow his laptop and with my help, he was able to sent an e-mail to my brothers for the first time in almost 3 weeks. My dad's eye is doing very well, but he sees double. He closes his right eye in order to see. We hope that with time he's vision will get better. We've been very blessed and are able to see the Lord's hand in our lives and have felt his love through the many angels he's sent us. Even though these last 3 weeks have been very challenging and quite overwhelming, many wonderful things have happened. We feel blessed and fortunate for having had the opportunity once again to remember that God does exist and loves us very much. Well, here are pictures of those wonderful moments that we'll never forget.

Massey's first sleep over. I stayed at my mom's one night during Jordan's campout with his cub scout. It worked out great, because my sisters really missed my dad and my mom would sleep at the hospital.


Some of the delicious food that so many people sent and one of the many flower arrangements friends sent to my dad

I got to see my cousin Carolina for the first time in almost 13 years!!!

My grandma Maria got to meet Massey for the first time

5 comments:

Devon and Alicia said...

We are glad to hear that your dad is improving. Massey is so dang cute!

Cedric Anderson said...

We have been praying for Rudolfo and we are very pleased to hear of his progress. Keep us updated on how he's doing and please let him know he is in our thoughts and prayers.

Hannah Stevenson said...

Oh Ruthie,
I love you so much. You are so good at seeing all the blessings in life. We are so happy to hear he is progressing so well and is out of ICU. We are keeping him and YOU in our prayers. It was so good to see you guys last week...I wish you were closer so I could give you a big hug! Love you!

The Woodward Family said...

Ruth, I am so glad to hear your dad is doing so well. You and your dad and your family will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

Amber said...

Hi Ruth,
Thank you for the update. I have been so concerned for your dad and the rest of your family ever since I heard the news. I don't know if I have ever met your father but I know he is a wonderful man because he has amazing children. I have had you all in my prayers and I think of your dad often. I hope that the rest of his recovery is positive and fast. Please take care of yourselves and your sweet father.
Love,
Amber Johnson