Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A prepared person is worth two

There's an old Mexican proverb that my grandma Chuy used to say:
A prepared person is worth two.
She had such an appreciation for learning new things and preparing ourselves for the future. She also loved the Spanish language, she would always tell us how rich and beautiful it was. I learned to appreciate Spanish more after I took my very first Spanish class in college, I had forgotten what it's like to read Spanish poetry from Neruda, beautiful novels from Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Miguel de Cervantes.
So if there's one thing I want Massey and all of my future children to learn it is the importance of education in this life. I started by teaching Massey his first Spanish lesson, I want him to be bilingual like his parents. I have no doubt that he'll thank me later when he gets called to serve a mission in Latin America ( of course, that is if he gets to serve there, I don't know)
Anyways, I hope to teach him all that I know, and see him develop the many talents Our Heavenly Father has given him.
Recuerdo que mi Abuelita Chuy solia decir que "una persona preparada vale por dos".
Ella tenia una gran apreciacion por el poder aprender cosas nuevas y prepararnos para el futuro. Ella tambien amaba el idioma español, solia hablar de lo hermoso y rico que es. Creo que aprendi a apreciar nuestro idioma mucho mas despues de haber tomado la primera clase de español en la universidad. Habia olvidado lo bonito que es leer poesia como la de Neruda y hermosas novelas como las de Garcia Marquez y Miguel de Cervantes. Asi que si hay algo que quiero que mi hijo y mis futuros hijos aprendan en esta vida, es la importancia de la educasion. Es por eso que ya empece con Massey al darle su primera clase de español. Quiero que sea bilingue como sus padres. No tengo ninguna duda que algun dia me lo agradecera al servir una mision en LatinoAmerica (claro si lo llegan a mandar alla). En fin, deseo enseñarle todo lo que se y poder verlo desarrollar todos los talentos que Nuestro Padre Celestial le ha dado.

1 comment:

Cedric Anderson said...

Ay, que profundo! Massey is going to be a little smarty pants with parents like you guys (with the exception of Jordan... just kidding!)