Sunday, October 17, 2010

A new life adventure

Well, I am no longer an unpaid working stay-home mom, I am literally supporting our family now, by working from home. Heavenly Father has provided a way for us to find the perfect job for us at this time. We have become apartment managers for a company called Bluestone & Hockley, since September 13th, 2010. We manage 55 units and our complex is called Greenwood Village. Here's the website if you're curious to see what they look like. Greenwood Village Apartments
I am finally starting to understand the many responsibilities of this job and our kids are adjusting to this big change. Jordan has been very supportive during these last 4 weeks and even though it's been a bit stressful at times we've managed just fine and are starting to enjoy it.
My heart is full of gratitude and love for our Heavenly Father as I think of the way He has been guiding us all this time. It was exactly a year ago after having moved to Oregon, so that Jordan could start chiropractic school, that our life started feeling settled and that our savings literally ran out. And as I have been contemplating all these things, I can't help thinking of the scripture that says"... where much is given much is required." A couple months ago I got called to be the 1st counselor in the YW presidency and Jordan has been in the YM presidency since last November and sometimes I wonder how we're doing it. But we are doing it and Heavenly Father helps us everyday and today is one of those days where I am simply grateful for his gracious help and love for us, the crazy Andersons. I do complain, and sometimes it feels like that's all I do, but then sometimes great things happens and that's all I can think of. I hope to remember this day and finish these next two years and couple months with a firmer testimony of the gospel and greater understanding of the plan of salvation.

3 comments:

Hannah Stevenson said...

Oh Ruthie,
You are so amazing. I know the Lord knows you so well because I can see his light in your sweet eyes. That family of yours is so lucky/blessed by you.
The apartments look nice...a pool is a plus!
So much love from Utah coming to you and Jordo.

Cnbztribe said...

Ditto to what Hannah said.
I have always been amazed by your sweet spirit and strong testimony. Love you guys!

Camille said...

Wow Ruth! Way to go! I love the idea of where much is given, much is expected. It's a great perspective to have when you have so many important responsibilities *in addition* to the most important one of nurturing these young children. All the other assignments will work out because Heavenly Father trusts you to be the one to do them. Oh I just want to give you a hug! We say it every day. We can't wait for Christmas! Until then, have a good day one day at a time!