Sunday, June 3, 2018

Massey finished the Book of Mormon

Massey finished the Book of Mormon tonight.  Our Bishop challenged our ward in January to read the Book of Mormon by the end of June, and celebrate as a ward by attending the Book of Mormon pageant in Manti, Utah. When I heard this, I was kind of saddened because I knew we would be getting ready to travel to Sweden and we would miss it. We still took the challenge, but modified it a bit. Instead we tried to read the Book of Mormon as a family daily, and within a few weeks we started noticing a change in the atmosphere of our home during the day. On March 22nd, after having read the scriptures with the kids, Jordan and I came up with the idea to challenge Massey and Rebeca to read the Book of Mormon and to finish it by the time we went to Sweden in exactly 3 months, to see their grandparents. I told myself that if we bribe the children all the time to do things we consider worthy of a reward, why not bribe them to read the book of Mormon. Both of them took the challenge. 


Rebeca has read it almost every night but goes back when she gets confused or forgets what she read the previous night. One evening I came in my bedroom and found Massey, and Jordan, reading with Rebeca. On several nights, I had to go into Massey's room and turn off his miniature flashlight because he had fallen asleep while reading the book of Mormon. 
On another occasion, I found Massey and Rebeca in my walk-in closet reading the scriptures. Rebeca told me that Massey was explaining the things she was reading. When I told her that when she starts High School she will have the opportunity to spend a whole year studying the book of Mormon with other youth in Seminary, she was excited. Then she said, that Massey was her seminary teacher.
Massey finished reading the miniature Book of Mormon, his grandma Olivia gave him. It took him exactly 10 weeks and 2 days. 

I am very grateful to my Heavenly Father for the guidance of the Holy Ghost in my life. For the inspiration and support of my Husband to care for these children in the way God wants me to. The Book of Mormon has blessed our family in ways I had never imagined. It has calmed my mind many times and provided clarity when faced with challenges. My understanding of my purpose during this sacred time of my life has increased and my ability to take care of such spirits, run a home, be a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend, and an active member of my ward has become enlarged. I feel my understanding of God's love for me has become clearer and truer because of the Book of Mormon. I hope one day, my children can come to know God and have their own testimonies of the truthfulness of this gospel and enjoy the blessings I now enjoy.

1 comment:

nikkisa889 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.