Thursday, November 20, 2008

My dad is finally home!

50 days after my dad's accident, he finally is home. He was discharged from skilled nursing yesterday morning and he couldn't be happier. He'll have to go to the rehab center a couple times a week to exercise and strengthen his upper and lower extremities until he sees Dr. Osgood in about 3 more weeks, and then he'll determine whether or not he's ready to start walking and change his therapy plan. We're also happy to have him back, and is home just in time to welcome my brother from his mission. My brother Rudy gets home from his mission next Wednesday, a day before thanksgiving. Jordan was telling me the other day that when he and brother Carter gave him a blessing, he promised my dad that he would be able to welcome both of his sons from his missions. I know one promise in less than a week will be fulfilled. We've all been blessed in so many ways and even though this trial is not over, our testimonies have been strengthened and I know, I feel better prepared for the trials Jordan and I will have in the future. If I don't forget I'll post pictures later.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Ruth,
You don't know me, but I am a friend of Jordan's. I just want to say how amazing you and your family are. Your dad seems like such a fighter and by doing what he is doing, he is giving hope and strength to many others. I will keep you, your dad and your family in my prayers. We are so glad to see that he is finally home. Stay strong.
Meagan Johnson

Hannah Stevenson said...

Ruth! How exciting! Can't wait to see him in December!

Cedric Anderson said...

Yahoo. This is great- all our prayers have been answered!

Jamie said...

Ah, it was so nice to see him at church on Sunday. He looked great. We are so grateful.

Woohoo! Your brother comes home this week! Thats exciting, a perfect Thanksgiving present.